Terms & Conditions
- These are the terms and conditions (hereinafter “Terms and Conditions”) of this Hackathon competition (“HyperHack 2019”) between you (“You”, “Participant”, “Individual Participant” and “Team”) and StartupX Pte Ltd (“StartupX”).
- Should there be any amendments, additions, variations and/or modifications, such shall be binding on all Participants. Any such amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall be notified to all Participants via updates on www.hyperx.global. Your continued participation following the amendments constitutes your binding acceptance of such modifications.
- StartupX reserves the right to disqualify any Participant and/or forfeit, withhold, withdraw or reclaim any awards or prizes won for any reason whatsoever in our sole and absolute discretion.
- StartupX reserves the right to postpone, cancel, terminate or suspend HyperHack at any time with reasonable prior notice to Participants in our sole and absolute discretion.
- All Participants and their entries into HyperHack may be subject to a due diligence review at any time for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Determination of eligibility and compliance is at StartupX’s sole discretion.
- HyperHack is open to all individuals (“Individual Participant”) who meet the following requirements at the time of registration:
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of
- You are not an employee of any coordinating agency, vendor or supplier company providing goods or services to HyperHack; and
- You are not an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse, child) of any person involved in any part of the execution and administration of HyperHack.
- A participant may only join one (1) team during HyperHack.
- StartupX reserves the right to verify your eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time. You agree to provide StartupX with any proof of eligibility requested by StartupX and your refusal or failure to provide such proof within 7 days of StartupX’s request will result in your disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prizes or awards.
- To participate in HyperHack, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Register at hyperx.global/hyperhack
- Receive an official confirmation e-mail from StartupX, confirming your registration as a Participant in HyperHack;
- Participants must make your own travel and accommodation arrangements and cover all associated costs and expenses.
- All data provided during registration must be complete, correct and provided in English. All Participants affirm the accuracy of all information provided at the time of registration. Any falsification or misrepresentation of any material fact or particulars may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture, withholding or reclaiming of any awards or prizes.
- Participant represents and warrants that the idea presented during HyperHack shall be the Participant’s own original work and it shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Any falsification or misrepresentation of any material fact or particulars may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture, withholding or reclaiming of any awards or prizes.
Participants have to work on new ideas during HyperHack. If you have an idea that is still being researched and a team, you can still apply to HyperHack. However, please take note that partially developed prototypes and teams with an MVP will not be allowed to join HyperHack as it would be unfair to the other participants.
- The pitch presentation shall be evaluated by a panel of expert judge and industry veterans.
- The panel of judges shall deliberate, decide and announce the winners on the Presentation Day itself.
- StartupX reserves the right to alter, amend, add, or vary the judging criteria in our sole and absolute discretion.
Awards & Prizes
- The awards and prizes to be awarded are as follows:
- First Place (1st Place): SGD10,000 cash & other in-kind prizes (up to SGD50,000 in value).
- Second Place (2nd Place): SGD5,000 cash & other in-kind prizes (up to SGD40,000 in value).
- Third Place (3rd Place): SGD3,000 cash and other in-kind prizes (up to SGD30,000 in value)
All the top 3 winners will receive an exclusive invite for a fast-track entry into HyperSpark pre-accelerator programme. There will also be data prizes worth SGD35,000.
StartupX reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in our sole discretion, or where required by law, or in the event all or part of a prize becomes unavailable.
- Money prizes shall be awarded in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and shall be delivered in the form of cash, cheque, gift card or other cash equivalent.
- StartupX shall announce and award Winners on the Presentation Day. Any falsification or misrepresentation of any material fact or particulars may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture, withholding or reclaiming of any awards or prizes.
- The Winner(s) are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable tax laws and filing requirements.
Use of dataset
- Participants may have the option to use a dataset during HyperHack. For HyperHack, StartupX will provide a dataset for Participants’ use. If Participants decide to use StartupX’s provided dataset, Participants agree to be bound by our Confidentiality clause in our Terms and Conditions.
- StartupX is not responsible for any damage to your computer or software resulting from downloaded data sets. Participants use HyperHack’s data set at your own risk.
- Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Any discoveries, ideas, concepts, designs, devices, drawings, materials, specifications, techniques, models, data, documents, processes, procedures, “know-how”, improvements, budgets, projects, forecasts, marketing, development plans and any other valuable commercial, business, financial, technical, operational, administrative, marketing information expressed, described or stored in any form whatsoever,
- Any information marked as “Confidential Information” by StartupX.
- Should Participants choose to use StartupX’s data set, Participants acknowledge that all Confidential Information delivered to Participants shall be received in strictest confidence.
- Participants shall safeguard the Confidential Information by storing it in a secure place and properly protected against theft, damage, loss and unauthorised access (including, but not limited to access by electronic means).
- Participants shall not disclose or divulge any Confidential Information to any third parties during the course of and after HyperHack ends.
- Participants shall not use the Confidential Information for any purpose other than for the purposes of HyperHack.
- StartupX shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, public and use, in whole or in part, any Solution or Entry, in any manner without further compensation during and after HyperHack.
- You acknowledge that you may be filmed, photographed, recorded and/or interviewed by us or members of the media or any third parties at HyperHack on 8 – 10 November 2019.
- You further agree and consent that any and all such photograph, film, audio recording, interview material, testimonial and/or any other likeness captured or taken by us or any third parties (“Material”) may be used for any legal purpose, including but not limited to, for the purposes of promoting, advertising and marketing on our website(s), press releases and press articles and any other likeness.
- By registering, you agree and consent to your personal data being collected, processed, used and/or shared by StartupX for the following purposes:
- Administration and management of HyperHack 2019, including the following non-exhaustive purposes such as verification of participant’s eligibility, reviewing and judging participant’s solution and entry and communications related to HyperHack;
- Promotional, marketing and publicity notifications and/or information from StartupX from time to time;
- Promotional and marketing activities in any media including but not limited to any form of advertising or marketing such as posters, flyers, newspapers, television networks broadcast, radio stations broadcast or publication through online or digital media and on the Internet;
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations or in response to legal processes
- For the avoidance of doubt, marketing and promotional materials may include without limitation, the use and/or publication of any details provided in and/or in connection to the entries, interview material, photograph, audio recording or film. In this regard, you agree to cooperate and participate without further express consent and/or payment or consideration in all reasonable advertising and publicity activities of the Organisers in relation to HyperHack.
- You hereby consent to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, experts, invitees, speakers, suppliers, consultants, affiliates and/or third party information providers from any and all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including attorney’s fees, resulting from your acts or omissions in relation to HyperHack and your submissions violating any rights of any other person or entity or any obligation you may have with them.
- We, our directors, employees, agents, advisors and/or affiliates shall not in any way whatsoever be liable to any person or party for any loss, damage, injury, liability, action, cost or expense incurred, suffered or borne arising from or relating to this Programme.
- If any term (or part of) of the Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the rest of the terms shall remain in effect.
- These Terms and Conditions and all matters arising out of and in connection with this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.